You can noticeably impact your sales by offering the full product line from Create-A-Book, regardless of your inventory on hand.
A common misconception for dealers is to think they’re limited to offer and sell what they have in stock. This couldn’t be farther from the truth, or more harmful to your sales!
So what is the Drop Shipping program?
These are dealers who carry the full line of stock and will make and ship books on your behalf. Each has their own pricing, which is higher than wholesale but you usually still profit $6 a book and the customer receives the order without ever knowing it did not come from you.
Your profit margin is lower but any profit is better than none. You avoid the "worst possible scenario" below, plus you can gradually increase your inventory to make higher profit margins.
- Customers more likely to buy more items per order
- Customers more likely to find items they want to come back for
- Customers more likely to find items they want to share with others
- Makes your business more impressive and interesting to visitors
- More products equal more time spent on your website (Google Rankings)
- More products give your website higher search engines value (also higher rankings)
AVOIDING THE WORST POSSIBLE SCENARIO:
If customer came looking for a product you didn’t carry and they go elsewhere to buy it, the “elsewhere” becomes their new destination for future orders and referrals. This means you lose both the immediate and ongoing revenue.
WHEN TO DROP SHIP:
• When you don’t carry the full inventory line
• If you’re out of inventory for a book(s) and need to fulfill and order
• When your on vacation and can’t make books
• Prefer not to make books (lower profit, but less work)
• Doing Give-A-Book programs (you may want help with a large quantity)
HOW IT WORKS:
• View the drop shipper list in the Create-A-Book dealer section home page
• Choose a drop shipper and contact them to setup your arrangements
• When an order comes that requires drop shiping, you notify the drop shipper.
• Currently for orders shipping in the USA
• You can have book shipped directly to you or to your customers
• Drop Shippers will never contact your customers directly
• Your information will go into each book
• In the USA, most drop shippers charge $13 which includes the book and shipping costs. (excluding specialty books, i.e. “Wedding”)
Things to keep in mind:
• Drop Shipped orders 10 days before Christmas may cost extra (talk to your drop shipper)
• Drop Shipped orders during a holiday may cost extra (talk to your drop shipper)
• If you do drop ship during a holiday you should call Drop Shipper to alert them of order
• Custom needs may have an extra cost (extra pages, etc..)
• When talking to Drop Shippers please remember to respect their time. They have many books to make every day and each has a deadline. The price you pay them is for quality book(s) shipped on time.
Our drop-shippers are experienced Create-A-Book dealers who qualify for the program of providing books professionally and on time, for our other dealers. Most have been in business for years.