You can send emails through your personal email account, but using a service like Mailchimp or Aweber will allow you to send a beautiful template, track performance, and know who's opening each email. Aweber is our favorite and still cheap, though Mailchimp has free up to 2,500 contacts. Even better, if you use one of those services you can create all a campaign at one time and schedule them to run on specific dates.
It usually takes more than one impression to make a purchase, so that is why we recommend sending at least 2-3 emails focused on Back To School. It's best to start somewhere between the 3rd week of July and Aug 1st. You can send the second email a week before school starts in your area, and follow up with the final email a week after school starts. You may want to only send the final email to people who've opened either of the first two emails. This is easy to setup.
Tip 1: You'll get higher conversion adding one of our banners and including at least one product image (attached at the bottom).
Tip 2: Make sure all banners or images link to the products you're promoting or category page for educational or school products
Tip 3: Coupons increase urgency. If you're selling through your website you should be able to make coupons. You can give flat coupon discount, or limit coupon to purchases that meet a requirement, like 'order 2 or more books." Here are some clever coupon codes: Back2School, BUS, FIRSTDAY, SCHOOL
Pick a subject line:
- Remember their FIRST day of school forever with these personalized books
- 3 amazing personalized books that will excite your 3-5 yr. old about school
- Inspire them to read with books about them … and save 10%
- Inspire them to read... and save 10%
- Prepare them for their First Day of School with a personalized book they'll cherish forever
- Toys that teach - personalized books about their going to school
- Perfect gift for their First Day Of School - personalized story book
- Inspire them to read - personalized story adventures that make them the star
- Back to School Sale - 10% off our educational personalized story books
Pick contents for the email:
TIP: Remember to include a banner at the top above the message, and add at least one product image below the copy.
If you, or someone you know, is about to send their child to school for the first time I have the cutest personalized book that will get them excited about school and make reading fun. Plus it's a guaranteed keepsake!
Reading is the most valuable tool we teach our children.
Create-A-Book personalized books educate, inspire imagination, build self esteem and become cherished keepsakes for life.
Ready..Set...Back to School
• Backpack, lunchbox, school clothes and supplies .... ✓
• Promising yourself you won't tear up .... ✓
• Personalized books that make learning to read fun .... we can help!
Order today and receive 10% off a personalized book that will prepare them for school and become a keepsake they'll keep forever.
Option 4 (My First Day of School)
We have the cutest personalized book for children who are about to embark on this wonderful new phase in life.
This book teaches your child some of the exciting activities he or she may encounter, such as listening to stories read by the teacher, reciting the alphabet, counting, lunch, playtime, art and making new friends!
It's the perfect keepsake for the whole family to remember this milestone, and for children anxious about going to school.
Give your child confidence as he/she begins their first day of school, and help them get hooked on reading with a story they'll want to read over and over again.
Some of the personalization used throughout the story:
- Child's Name
- Friends (up to 3)
- Name of School
- Teachers Name
Example's made with Aweber templates:
Scroll to the bottom of article to download larger versions of each email
> Learn How to promote Back To School on Facebook in 5 minutes
> View general Back to School marketing tips