The back to school event an incredible marketing opportunity from July through September, and we've made it really easy to setup your email and social campaigns. While all of our books are great gifts to encourage and teach reading, the following three books are usually best sellers this time of year: My First Day of School, My School Fun Book and Little One LIttle One so we recommend focusing on those titles.
View the Back-To-School marketing banners
Marketing Tips for Back-To-School:
You'll notice some of the tips are asking for referrals instead of asking for the sale. For some people this soft sell approach is more comfortable.
- Update your website: Update your home page to promote the event. You can do this easily by adding one of our banners and highlighting categories or products about school. Make sure banner links to category page for educational or school products. If you have a savisites website, all you have to do is activate the "Home Page - Back to School" layout - takes 2 minutes.
- Email Past Customers: Send an email to all past customers. This is your bread and butter.
- Social Networks: Post an announcement using one of our new banners; look for people talking about their kids starting or returning to school. On some networks you can search hashtags like #bts, backtoschool or #firstdayofschool.
- Referrals: Ask your family, friends, community groups, churches, etc. for referrals of families with children 3-7 about to start school, or share your information with them.
- In addition to the above, ask if they can help you by "Sharing" your facebook announcement to their Facebook community.
- Connect with the local daycares and preschools about sending an announcement to families. Or at least allow you to leave a sample book and some business cards or flyers in a visible place. Remember, sometimes you'll get more results if you share in the profit with the organization / individual / business helping you.
- Data Mine past customers: looking up families with children now 3-7 (look at ages, birthdays, baby book orders, etc. and send a newsletter with a specific message to those kids. You can really increase your sales by personalizing each email. For example "Hi Ruth, thanks again for purchasing a baby book for little Noah 4 years ago. It's hard to believe 4 years have passed, and now that Noah might be getting ready for preschool I wanted to offer one of our early educational books like "x" and "y." You can also offer a coupon, maybe "The school books are great because they relate to an upcoming experience, though excited young readers will love to keep reading more books with their name in it. So we're offering a special coupon for $10 OFF if you order 3 or more books. If you aren't collecting data on your customers to be able to segment your customers based on needs, this is lightbulb moment to start now!!!
> Learn How to setup Back To School email campaigns
> Learn How to promote Back to School on Facebook in 5 minutes
Please sign in to leave a comment.